Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Happy mail from Postman

I got home yesterday to find a large envelope lying on the mat. I quickly recognised the writing as Meghann's and it was stamped New Orleans. I was so excited to see what was inside. I found an adorable card and this:



An American scrapbook magazine.

In the UK we have lost two brilliant magazines recently which I really miss. This was a welcome gift. I spent quite a bit of the evening reading through it and picking out ideas for my next layouts. These were some pages that stood out:






I liked these as they showed a great way to show a lot of journalling but also have many photos. I do enjoy journalling and often write it on a tag and slide it under the photo. To me these layouts show and tell the whole story. I will try to incorporate this idea in a future layout.

I also loved this advert:


It gives me great ideas for making bunting, a fun party style layout and even cupcake decorations.

Thanks so much Meghann for sending me this. It was really kind of you and a lovely surprise.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you enjoyed it! I really like the layouts that you showed here, especially for the reason that they have really graphic titles that stand out! I promise I will hook you up with magazines in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surpise! I wouldnt mind a flick through myself :) x x

    ReplyDelete