Friday, 3 December 2010

Baby Toys

In the last week Gareth and I have spent quite a bit of time organising all the baby equipment we have bought over the last few months. It was all mainly in the spare bedroom. It was getting to the point it was difficult to get in the door of this bedroom so we thought we better sort things out. Gareth spent a long time on Sunday taking bay items to the loft. We have a designated baby area in there now. Some items that we know we will need from birth such as nappies, toiletries, changing mat, and most of the clothes stayed in the bedroom ready to put in baby's wardrobe when we get it built in the nursery.

Here are some of the toys baby has to look forward to playing with in his or her first year or so.



The CD is a mix of classical music suitable for babies. It is meant to have a calming effect on them. I got it at a NCT sale for 50p.


Again these were bought a NCT sale. This is the National Childbirth Trust which is a charity to working to raise issues with family funding from the Government, rights for pregnant women and promoting good practice in childcare such as breastfeeding. I paid £2 for the whole set. It's great value as I have seen the 'That's not my' range of books for sale at £5 each.


I got this musical pull down toy at a market one lunchtime. It was £2. I then realised it was ex stock from Adams the baby clothes shop which went out of business last year. It should have been £10.



This is baby's bouncy chair. It is brand new but I bought it second hand from a lady on netmums.com. She  had used it once as a demonstration event. It is Fisher Price brand, is musical and has a vibration mode to calm baby. I love the bright colours and think this is perfect for either boy or girl.


This is top part of the seat. The animals make it really fun.


This is baby's walker which he or she won't need for about a year. It plays tunes and lights up when baby walks. Again this was a second hand purchase.

I hope this has given you an idea of the items stored in our house just now waiting for the big arrival of baby Howell.

I am keeping well and have no problems so far. I had my regular midwife appointment yesterday and everything was normal. Baby is lying in the right position and has a good regular heart beat. We went to our first ante natal class last week and it covered giving birth and knowing when labour has started. Today we have our next class which is all about pain relief in labour. These are very informative sessions and a great way to get to know other Mums and Dads to be in the area.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie,
    I am so thrilled about your wonderful news. I had a little scroll down and admired all those cute little baby closes drying on the line.
    Have you had a think about what type of nappies you are going to use? If you are thinking about using washable nappies I have got loads you can have. I went a bit mad when I was expecting the twins and bought loads. I washed them all ready for babies and promptly used disposables when they arrived. You are more than welcome to them.
    If you want to email me here is my addy craftysandra.d@googlemail.com
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ann, these sweet little baby toys are precious! I am so happy for you. You're going to be such a good mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the bargain baby shopping. Not long mow for you both, getting excited for you, lol

    ReplyDelete