Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Mother's Day

We entertained Gareth's Mum and Dad on Mother's Day. Gareth and I decided on a Thai meal as his Mum really likes this. I have never cooked anything Thai before but was really keen to give it a try. I found a recipe for Thai green curry and set about finding ingredients. Waitrose had them all luckily. I had never heard of Galangal, a Thai ginger but found it. I needed lemongrass, fish sauce, shrimp paste, kaffir lime leaves, thai basil leaves. I now have a good range of Thai ingredients. I have so many jars of spices. Anyone who went through my cupboards would know always cook from scratch. Cooking is one of my passions.

Pudding was a key lime pie. I took the recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery Book.

Both courses were delicious and a real success. Everyone enjoyed them and plates were quickly cleared.
This was Gareth and his Mum before the meal.



Here is the key lime pie.








It was so huge. Our portions were so big and it was a struggle to finish it. Four slices was half of it so I gave some to Gareth's parents and we had some last night are are about to finish it now. yum. I will make it again for sure.

Earlier in the day I took part in a running race at Exbury Gardens. It was a 10km run. I did it two years ago and had enjoyed it so tried it again this year but wasn't as fast. I still was glad I took part and it was a lovely sunny and warm morning to run by the waters edge and through lovely gardens.



At least I had burnt some calories before I tucked into the lime pie!

3 comments:

  1. What a great pic of Gareth & his mum. Thai green curry sounds awesome! I wouldn't know where to begin with those ingredients! I love key lime pie too! I should've come over for this dinner! Haha. Exbury Gardens is so nice. I bet a run there would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrrrr, that pie look sscrummy. Good for you taking part in the race too Anne, you are a real star!
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pie looks amazing. Is making me feel quite hungry. You'll have to teach me some Thai recipes. I wouldn't have a clue where to start.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete