Monday, 26 April 2010

We're on holiday!

After 18 months without a holiday we are finally away enjoying ourselves. With Gareth not being in permanent work during the last year we didn't take a break away apart from visiting my family in Scotland. Our last holiday was our honeymoon in November 2008. We are in Norfolk with Gareth's family to celebrate his Dad's 65th Birthday tomorrow. His Mum and Dad, his sister Amanada and her husband Jason are all here. It is lovely to be away as a family. We drove up today and arrived at our idyllic cottage near Cromer. It is a few steps to the beach and is set in a small village. The house is so lovely. Check this out for some lovely photos of the cottage,

http://www.incleborough-stablecottage.co.uk/

It has three gorgeous bedrooms with three bathrooms. There is a well fitted very modern kicthen where we plan to each cook for the party over the week. Gareth and I are serving bruschetta, chicken with parma ham and basil with jersey royal potatoes and vegetables. Pudding will be creme brulees. As I love to cook this is an ideal opportunity to do a bit more than I would do for a usual meal at home. We have Sky tv and there are even tvs in the bathrooms built into the wall.

There is a pretty garden with a hot tub. I'm looking forward to sitting back in there relaxing.

Gareth and I just went for a walk around the village and down to the sea. It is so beautiful.


I now we are going to have a great stay here.

1 comment:

  1. Anne, the cottage is amazing, and your beach photo is beautiful. Have a fantastic time, you both deserve it! Wish I could sample your dinner!

    ReplyDelete