Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Little Dillon

Dillon is now just over one month old. I can't believe it. He is growing fast. At birth he weighed 8lb 2oz and last week weighed 9lb 1oz. The feeding must be working well. He is so adorable and I still can't believe how perfect he is. He has brought so much joy to Gareth and I and now we can't imagine life without him. We love being a family. I so love being a Mummy.

We think he may suffer from colic. He cries a lot after feeds for hours which is so concerning. His little face just looks like he is suffering pain. We have started giving him Infacol before every feed. It takes a few days to build up in the body so we should hopefully see an improvement late this week.

He is becoming a lot more alert and will stay awake for longer spells looking round the room and deep into our eyes. It's lovely to watch him.

We go on walks with the pram every day. I am getting to know the local area better than I ever did. At the weekend we had a family trip to a local village and took a walk. It was lovely to push the pram and spend time as a new family.

This was Gareth and me with Dillon in the pram while out on a walk with my Mum. Dillon isn't visible. He was just ahead looking out of the pram.The lake behind us is where I trained last summer to take part in the Great South Swim but didn't take part because I was pregnant. Four laps of this was a mile. I loved swimming here, it was peaceful, picturesque and I felt good at completing the distance of one mile. Now it will be the lake we walk around with Dillon regularly. Maybe one day he will follow in Mummys' footsteps and swim around the lake.

This picture of Dillon is so cute I think. He was lying on the changing table while I dressed him. He wasn't a happy boy but looked so cute with the hooded towel on his head. He has such a sad face.



For the first four weeks he wore white vests and sleep suits. He still wears that most of the time. It's so handy to undo the poppers when he needs changing. At the weekend when Gareth's Mum and Dad visited we dressed him in his dungarees and hooded top which Granny Howell had bought him. He suddenly looked more grown up.

Yesterday I dressed him in a hand knitted cardigan. He fell asleep in his bouncy chair all morning so I took a few photos of him looking so peaceful. This one was lovely I thought with is little hand held up.


He is asleep just now so I will go and get some jobs done while I have the chance.

6 comments:

  1. He is just beautiful, Anne! I love seeing photos of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just beautiful Anne. You both must be so proud.

    You have my sympathies re the colic. We found the infacol stopped working after a month but good old fashioned Gripe water worked wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your little bundle of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anne he's beautiful! Congratulations to you both, you make a lovely family :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect little boy you have. Dillon is so precious and totally adorable. You look amazing too Sweetie. Parenthood looks good on you both.
    Just adore the pic of Dillon in his knitted cardi.... too cute.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete