Friday, 1 April 2011

Dillon is now 7 weeks old

It is amazing how time is going so fast since Dillon was born. 7 weeks ago today I gave birth to our lovely little boy. Being a Mummy since then has given me so much pleasure.
In the early weeks I never thought I would get into a routine with Dillon and thought we would always be at home. The last week has seen changes. Dillon has slept for 7 hours in one block during the night on 3 occasions. The rest of the week he has slept for 5 hours then had a feed and back to bed for 3 hours. It has been lovely and I don't feel so tired during the day now. Until this week our main activity outside the home was a walk locally. I have loved getting out in the Spring sunshine and fresh air and Dillon has fallen alseep on every walk. He rarely sleeps during the day so it is nice to see him have a little nap while I push the pram. On Tuesday I went to M&S cafe and met with a friend there. She has a little baby girl so it was nice to discuss baby issues. My Mother in law was so kind and helped me set the pram up when we parked there. I am still not strong enough to do these tasks. Today Dillon and I attended the local baby under 1s group. Dillon was the youngest there by 10 weeks. He looked so small. It really made me think how quickly he will grow and not look like a tiny newborn baby any longer. He slept in my arms during the session. That was so cute and cosy. We then had a singing and actions session. He cried during this. I wonder if he was just a little worried about all that was going on around him. I chatted to other Mums and found this really useful. These will be Mums from the area that I will see for many years as our children go to school together.

Here are some recent photos of Dillon.







I had been talking to a lady from Usborne books who advised me to place a book with bold images next to a very young baby. I tried this but I'm sure he never glanced at the book. In coming months he will begin to notice it and the colours on each page.

Tomorrow Dillon has his first big trip. We are going to Bristol for Uncle Jason's 40th Birthday party. It's also very exciting as Auntie Amanda is now 5 days overdue with her baby and any day now Dillon will have a cousin. I will become an Auntie and Gareth will be an Uncle. Then in July we will repeat this with the birth of my sister Jane's baby. Our family is growing quickly this year.

I am looking forward to Mother's Day, my very first Mother's Day. With Dillon being so young it is hard to go far or even go for a meal but just to celebrate being a Mummy and have cuddles with Dillon will be special.

 

1 comment: