Monday, 14 December 2009

Christmas afternoon tea

I had a great day on Saturday. In the afternoon, I had my friend Therese visit for Christmas afternoon tea. Before that it was very busy getting the house decorated so that when she came it did look like Christmas was coming. We put the tree up, hung decorations and lit my new yummy Yankee Chistmas Cookie candle.



 Not only was the scene set but the candle and the baking soon gave a lovely festive smell.
For savoury foods I made goats cheese, rosemary and red onion mini muffins and Christmas sandwiches which contained cranberry sauce, turkey and stuffing. They were like Christmas dinner on bread. Then for the extra yummy sweet items. Well as the cupcake queen I had to do Christmas cupcakes. I did a chocolate and orange sponge with chocolate buttercream. I sprinkled edible gold stars, red and green glitter on top for a truly magical Christmas look. I also prepared a chocolate, cherry, ginger and shortbread cake. We drank a lovely fruit tea ftrom Whittards, cranberry and raspberry. This is the only tea I will drink. Ever since I was very young I have refused to drink tea so this is change. I played Christmas songs and carols in the background which added to the festive atmosphere.
In the evening Miranda visited. We ate much the same food but instead of the muffins I made sausage rolls. We watched Strictly come dancing and then tried to work out why the glitter on the cupcakes only shines when either you or the cake is moved. We tested the theory so many times but cannot work out an explanation for it.

 I had such a lovely day spending time with friends and enjoying some lovely festive foods.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I can leave a comment again! These cupcakes look so AMAZING! My mouth is watering. Sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete