On Friday morning I drove to Bournemouth with my friend Miranda. We were heading for Butchers Coppice scout site for a 3 day craft weekend. We had the car packed with bags of papers, card, ribbons and all things crafty. We were given such a warm welcome by the ladies who organise the weekend. We settled in quickly and got to work. On Friday we did a layout class. I prepared mine but didn't have a photo with me that suited so will stick that on when I have the right one. Apart from lunch and dinner breaks I worked on my Christmas cards until 2.45am. I was determined to get them finished before heading home on Sunday evening. On Saturday morning after making two Christmas cards in a class we had a shopping trip to The Range and Dunelm Mills. I picked up a few bargains but nothing too exciting. We then did a class on making a Christmas bauble by paper folding. It can later be used as a mini book for Christmas photos. From then on I worked on my Christmas cards. I did get them finished and was so pleased when they were all lined up for the photograph. Following this I completed a mini album of my first wedding anniversary holiday in Windsor. I also finished a word album "2007". For Sunday lunch Sue made a wonderful roast dinner. It was perfect and set us up well for a busy afternoon finishing projects off and packing up.
I brought 12 Rocky Road cupcakes and a lemon drizzle cake with me to share. They didn't last very long. Next time I have been told to bring a lot more.
It was great to spend time with many ladies who have the same hobby as I do. I learnt a lot from others and really enjoyed their company.
Miranda won a bottle of champagne for the most creative project fo the weekend. She has made paper roses and stuck them to a layout of her on her wedding day and then put it in a shadow frame box. It looked stunning and will be a beautiful display in her flat. Well done Miranda.
Come back tomorrow to see a sneak peek of my cards and pictures of my finished mini albums. The camera is charging just now.
Glad you had a good time, Anne. I look forward to seeing your cards you made. x
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous weekend had by all. It was such fun meeting you and Miranda.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Sandra x