We had a great time in Wales. It was a good drive over to Pembrokeshire on Saturday morning. We arrived around lunch time and spent the afternoon looking around the town where Gareth grew up. It has changed a lot since he left there 25 years. We visited his Gran and gave her the wedding photo. She was delighted with it and it was propped up on display immediately. In the evening we went for a meal with Gareths' parents. Sunday was the big Ruby anniversary celebration. It was held in this restaurant. We enjoyed a lovely meal. I had tomato soup, roast beef and sticky toffee pudding. There were about 35 people there so lots of faces I didn't know but people were very friendly and I got to chat to friends of the family from Wales. At night the closest family went to a hotel for a quiet get together and drinks. It was a lovely day and it was so nice to see a couple so happy after 40 years of marriage. This is the church where they got married.
My Fall Fave with Jennifer McMurtrey
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment