Sunday, 14 February 2010

Happy Valentines Day

So far I have enjoyed a lovely Valentines day. We went for our special meal last night to an Indian Restaurant. When we approached the village where we were having our meal we noticed there were no street lights. The village was completely in darkness. We parked and walked down taking care with every step to get to the restaurant. We feared the reastaurant wuld turn us away. We arrived with the place being lit by candles. We were shown to our table and a candle was lit. It was still hard to read the menu. Our poppadoms arrived and we were enjoying them when suddenly the lights all flicked on. We were so lucky as some diners had there whole meal in the dark. I don't know how they kept the food cooking. The electricity was off for 3 hours. We had a lovely romantic meal.



I hung the banner I made. I downloaded a file from ellesstudio. This gave me the letters and backing papers which I printed out. Gareth looked so surprised and happy when he saw it hanging in
the sitting room.


We exchanged gifts this morning. Gareth gave me a teddy holding a chocolate heart, two heart shaped ramekins and a lovely scented Yankee Strawberry candle. I was so pleased with all of it. It was so sweet. I gave Gareth socks, hankies and I filled a basket with sweet things like lollies and chocolates. He was delighted with it and thought I had been really creative.



I also gave him this super cute balloon feauturing Boofle


and of course no special day is complete without cupcakes. I made Truffle-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes decorated with chocolate icing, a heart shaped marshmallow and pink glitter. The candles were the finishing touch spelling out " I love you".


 

5 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look amazing(as always!) Thank you for banner idea. I made mine yesterday and hung it up for Ewan coming home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Anne! You really outdid yourself! Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww wow! You guys did loads, so sweet! I think Woody is a secret stash lover, he's such a cutie! x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what Valentine's days are all about. Thanks for sharing Anne.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx
    (My poorly pooter is feeling lots better :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those cupcakes look soooo good! Kinda put mine to shame... although I think I did ok for a first attempt. (well, everyone is still alive..!!) I very nearly bought a cupcake book today.....What's happening to me?!?! First you start me on card making, then scrapbooking, now cupcakes!! (It's all good though!) :)

    ReplyDelete