Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Fireworks Fun





On Saturday evening I went with Gareth and his Mum and Dad to a local fireworks display at a country park. I was so excited about going and seeing the lovely colours in the sky and most of all about getting some photos of the event. I want to create a scrapbook layout on this. These are a few of my better shots. I only recently learnt how to use my camera outside at night after having the camera for about 3 years! I felt so silly when I realised it was just turn the dial around to the moon shape!! For all this time I had wondered why my nighttime photos were rubbish compared to other people. It is given me so much excitement recently taking nighttime shots.


When we got back home we enjoyed a lovely dinner. I had made a nice beef casserole which we had mashed potatoes and veg with and then pudding was my fireworks cupcakes. They are chocolate and orange sponge topped with melted chocolate and double cream. Some silver balls were scattered on top and then a mini sparkler added and lit. They looked amazing when lit. The only thing was as they are so short we couldn't get all for lit and burning together. We managed 3 which was good enough for my photo.

3 comments:

  1. These cupcakes look fantastic. Love the sparklers! I hope they were as yummy as they looked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Anne,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad I've inspired you with how to use the papers!
    Your firework photos are gorgeous, I will check back to see the page you make with them! You should include the cupcake recipe though as my mouth is watering now!!
    Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Cupcakes with mini-sparklers!!!!!! Very impressive! I'm looking forward to the cookie exchange/train with you Dec. 1!

    ReplyDelete