I cannot believe that we have just entered 2010. It seems like no time sicne we celebtared the beginning of the new Millenium. Gareth and I decided to have a quiet Hogmanay (New Years Eve to some of you). As it has been a hard year with Gareth losing his job we didn't want to spend money but just wanted to spend time together and relax. It was lovely. I made a nice meal and then we played the Wii and enjoyed the Hogmanay programmes on BBC 1 Scotland. Gareth got a new game from Ewan for Christmas, Super Mario Brothers so we played it.
Gareth really loved it and was so good at it. I wasn't near as good. I will need a lot of practice. I made sausage rolls about 10pm.
Mum and Dad phoned at midnight which was very special. We watched fireworks from our front door at midnight but poor Woody was terrified and stuck his ears up and hid under the table.It was a lovely evening and it is rare we both swtich off and relax so that was lovely that we did and had lots of fun together.
Normally in the evenings I am stressing about baking, making cards or making a scrapbook page. I did my best to forget any worries we have and look forward to hopefully a good year ahead.




No comments:
Post a Comment